Wednesday, August 31, 2011

If you really wanted to know...


College is (so far) amazing! Granted I haven’t really had a ton of homework yet, and there have only been a week of classes, but I am having a blast!

To be honest, I dreaded college a lot more than I looked forward to it. I like to think of myself as someone who needs and likes change. However, when it actually comes time to do something completely different and be in a whole new setting, I freak out.  It isn’t so much that I am afraid of doing something new, but that everything is in unknown territory. I hate not knowing things, especially something huge: my future. Will I make friends? Will the classes be hard? Am I  going to make a fool of myself? Such silly questions I worry about. But my God is greater than all of that! He isn’t going to let me down...He hasn't yet and I don’t need to worry at all. That is what I am learning right now. I about made myself sick before coming here and I am sure my family was sick of my irritable attitude-I was so stressed! But in one week of being here I feel like this is exactly where I am supposed to be. I love my roommate, Madison; I love the people in my unit, they are so awesome and friendly and I am excited to be with them this year; and I love the professors here, they have so far been super friendly and helpful.

It's so great going to class and having the professor pray every single time. I love chapel also. I am pretty sure I get goosebumps every time we sing :)

So there you have it, if you really wanted to know how I was really feeling about college, you now know :)
Matthew 6:34

No comments:

Post a Comment