Friday, September 2, 2011

Journey Through the Clouds



I love clouds. If you know me at all, you know that I regularly comment on how beautiful the sky looks at any given time, especially if there are clouds.  There’s just something about the sky that screams “God’s masterpiece.” He gets to paint us beautiful sunrises and sunsets every single day! And he never disappoints.  Have you ever seen an ugly sunrise or sunset? Didn’t think so!



Journey through the clouds seems like a weird blog name, doesn’t it?  Don’t worry, I understand; my mind works in weird ways sometimes :) I am sure you have heard the saying that ‘life is a journey.’ That is kind of a given.  To me, life is like a journey…through the clouds of life.



Some days are beautiful and sunny; bright and happy.  Life is going great and we feel like smiling all of the time for no reason at all.  Even the big, white, puffy clouds don’t get in the way of how great you feel.  Then come the darker clouds; life is dark and dreary, and we feel sad and depressed.  We can’t see or understand anything and don’t know where we are in life.  Eventually we always emerge through the darkness and life is beautiful again!



That’s what I like about comparing life with the sky.  We don’t always understand the weather just like we don’t always understand the storms in our life.  But it is always beautiful.  God planned it; He created it; it has to be beautiful!  Why would He want to make something ugly?


No comments:

Post a Comment