Friday, February 24, 2012

being positive.


I have a new motto in life and other girls in my unit have caught onto it too :) I wrote PA :) (positive attitude, not Pennsylvania) on  my hand one day to remind myself that although I absolutely loathe bio lab, I needed to think positive about it and create my own happiness. And that ended up being the best bio lab ever!

Ever since high school I have had a negative and pessimistic attitude about life and everything in it. It was kind of depressing and made life sad. But I am changing now for the better! It isn't always easy, but life is so much more enjoyable.

In the last couple of weeks I feel like I have really grown in having a better attitude. When I am down, I start thinking about why I am down and then try to remind myself of how truly blessed I am. Jesus loves me after all! That should be enough to make anyone happy :)

"Fake it until you make it" works too. Sometimes when I am crabby I fake that I am happy until, amazingly enough, I usually end up in a really good mood!

I still have days where I just do not want to be positive. I still have my "I hate life" days and "people are stupid" days. I'm not perfect and I'm not going to pretend I am.

This quote by Martha Washington really sums it up for me:

"I am still determined to be cheerful and to be happy in whatever situation I may be, for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions and not our circumstances."

I also love this quote, it helps me when I really don't want to be happy:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort :)

 I hope this inspires you to try to have a positive attitude more often! It really does improve your outlook on life and makes you a happier person :)


so SMILE :)

No comments:

Post a Comment