Sunday, January 29, 2012

Hunter is 16 today!


Hunter and I have always been pretty close and we usually get along.  Growing up we would spend hours together playing hotwheels, beanie babies, house, and dress-up (where he sometimes would let me pretend he was my little sister).  We would fool around in the kitchen thinking up crazy concoctions and making people eat them. On rainy days we would have an indoor picnic or build a fort out of blankets.  I can’t imagine my childhood without him!
He’s one of my best friends; he knows me better than anyone else. He has seen me at my very worst and at my very best; at my crabbiest, and at my happiest.  I have told him things he probably didn’t want to know and things I don’t want others to know.
 
We have convinced people we are twins.  Some people think he’s older than me, and others think he is my boyfriend (which never ceases to make the situation awkward).

Yes, we fight sometimes. We are siblings after all. But we get over it eventually. I am stuck with him, so we may as well get along :)



My brother is truly amazing. He is such a sweet, caring kid with a heart of gold.  I love his determination and his strength; his compassion and his joy. He has the best humor and is one of the only people who can make me laugh no matter what. 





Jesus is looking down with joy on this little boy.
Happy 16th Birthday, Hunter. I love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment