Thursday, May 31, 2012

Day 3 in London!

I know I have been really bad at updating this! Every day is so packed full of stuff that I literally have had no time!

I already talked about days 1 and 2 of our trip so now I will update you on day 3 :)

Shannon and I on the double-decker bus :)

So on our 3rd day (Friday) we went to Covent Gardens and bought coffee from a local cafe. We went to St. Paul's Cathedral next which was beautiful! I love old churches. They are so full of history and the architecture and everything in them is so pretty. Here is a little information on the cathedral, just in case you want to know more about it: http://www.stpauls.co.uk/Cathedral-History.  

Shannon and I climbed the 300 stairs to the uppermost level inside of the dome. We were up so high! Then I wanted to go higher so I went to the next two levels by myself. Those levels were outside and were very high up and there wasn't a lot of walking room so I was squished next to people.

 This was on the first platform outside
This was on the second platform outside!
 These were the stairs I got to climb up and down! They were very cramped and you go around and around and around so many times that my eyes were playing tricks on me and I thought I was going to miss a stair and fall.

I was way up there!

We ate lunch outside of the cathedral


After visiting the Cathedral, we went to the Photographer's Gallery and then St. Katherine's docks. We met Jeanne for dinner and went to a pub. Since we have been having such nice weather, there were so many people outside on the patio drinking and smoking. This was their social time evidently. We decided to go to an Asian restaurant instead which ended up being really good.

 St. Katherine's docks


We walked along the River Thames at sunset :) and I got to see where Shakespeare's globe theater was. 



Shakespeare's globe

We went back to Jeanne's after that and planned our itinerary for the next day!



1 comment:

  1. I can understand why you got dizzy on those stairs! lol Looks like you guys are having an amazing experience!

    ReplyDelete