Thursday, May 3, 2012

Let GoD

A couple weeks ago I came to a sudden realization.

I cannot do anything.

I cannot do anything on my own.

I had been going about my merry little life thinking I was this strong individual who had to have everything under control. I didn't need anyone else to help me with anything either. But I stressed about everything, and worried about everything, and honestly.....it was draining.

So I was sitting there on my bed with a miserable attitude, writing this paper that I had absolutely no confidence in when I realized I hadn't even asked God to help me, yet again.

I finally realized that I just needed to surrender everything to God. Everything that I had bottled up inside me that was causing me to worry.  My grades, my future, my friendships, everything.

I needed to let go and let God. Because He is bigger than everything and He is in control of everything. He cares about me because He created me.

My friend gave me a few verses and 1 Peter 5:7 was one of them: "Cast all your anxiety on Him because he cares for you."

Isn't that fantastic?! The God of the universe cares about me!

Why hadn't I been giving everything to Him the whole year?!

I shared this epiphany with my roomie and she said she had been praying that for me for the entire year! It took me my entire freshman year to learn that.

However long it did take, I am just glad I finally learned it.  I don't have to worry about anything. Sometimes it's still hard because I am a worrier at heart, but God is fixing that too. Everything works according to His purposes; everything has a plan. So I don't need to have a plan because it would backfire on me anyways and not be nearly as awesome as God's plan for me.

And that paper I was stressed about? It turned out to be my best grade yet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment