Monday, May 7, 2012

not the end...

I can hardly believe it, but my first year of being a college student is officially over! I only have two more years left until the real world, one of the downsides of doing PSEO and finishing a year earlier than most of my friends.

 McKinley, Chelsea, me, and Madison

This year was so incredibly amazing. Cliche, but true. College is 1000000x better than high school! Classes were a lot harder than I thought they would be though. I didn't really have to try to get A's in high school and in some college classes this year I was elated if I got a B on something.

all of the beautiful girls I lived with this year!

I feel like I have grown so much in this past year alone and learned so many things about myself. I really think I am a new, improved version of me :) I have learned to manage my time better, although it's still something I struggle with; I have better ways of de-stressing, like running; and my hard classes have taught me a lot.

 I love my roommate!

I have also learned a lot this year about trusting God no matter what and that has really helped me get through some of the harder times when I was stressed about everything. He comes through for me 100% of the time at His timing.


The biggest blessing from God this year were the girls in my unit, and I am so glad I get to room with some of them again next year! They are all such fun, encouraging, and beautiful women of God and I have loved spending every moment with them. I love that we can be crazy, screaming girls, but other times have really serious conversations about anything. I was so worried beginning the year that I wouldn't be able to make friends or that people wouldn't like me but that was such a silly thing to worry about! I have found great girls that I hope will be lifelong friends! 


love them :)

3 things I loved about Cedarville:
1) The professors - they are all so helpful and encouraging, even if they are really hard graders ;) 
2) Chapel - it is by far the highlight of my day. Chapel really encourages me and pushes me to grow in my faith. I am really going to miss it over the summer.
3) My friends - I love being able to walk two feet and be able to talk to someone. There is always someone in the dorm that I can vent to and be real with.


3 things I hated about Cedarville:
1) Cafeteria - our cafeteria is called Chuck's. It's okay I guess, it just makes you smell bad after you have been in there for awhile.
2) The weather - Ohio is bipolar. It was nice having 80's in March though!
3) Appearances - I had to go in public every time I wanted a meal which meant I couldn't just look like crap for a day. I mean I could, but then I ended up seeing everyone I knew.


Overall, I wouldn't trade this year for anything. It was so fun being on my own for the first time and being surrounded by great people. I can't wait for the next two years :)

No comments:

Post a Comment